How to Change or hide IP Address in Firefox, Internet Explorer and Mac's Safari? If you surf the Internet frequently, then you need some online security, as there are several websites that want your personal information. One way to protect your online privacy is to surf by changing your ip address while using websites that you don't trust. Here you can get the methods to change your ip address in Windows XP, Vista, 7, and Mac, using the popular browsers Mozilla Firefox Internet Explorer and Mac Safari.
Change IP Address in Firefox:
1. Click on Tools and then click on Options.
2. Click on Advanced button at the top of pop up window
3. Now choose Network tab and go to Connection settings.
4. Click on Manual proxy configuration radio button.
5. Now set the HTTP Proxy and Port Number.
6. Click on OK button. Now you can access the Internet with a changed ip address.
Change IP Address in Internet Explorer:
1. Go to Internet Options under the Tools menu.
2. Click on Connections tab.
3. If you use a dial up connection, select currently active connection and click on Settings button.
4. Check the check box labeled Use a proxy server for this connection.
5. Fill the IP address and Port number and click on OK button.
6. If you use cable or DSL, click on the LAN Settings button, and repeat step 4 and 5 for that connection.
7. Click the OK button to finish. Now feel free to surf anonymously with changed ip address.
Change Your IP Address in Mac's Safari:
1. Go to Edit and click on Preferences.
2. Click on Advanced button.
3. Click on Change Settings button which is just next to label Proxies.
4. For dial up connections, select the Internet connection for which you want to change your ip address
5. Click on settings.
6. Click on the check box labeled Use a proxy for this connection and enter proxy port and ip address in text boxes.
7. Click on OK button to change your ip address with anonymous proxy ip address.
8. For LAN Connections, you need to click on LAN Settings Button after step 3, and enter anonymous proxy ip and port as in ster 6 and 7.
Your IP Address has successfully change.